Saturday, February 12, 2011

February 12: Lovebugs

This photo doesn't even come close to capturing how sweet this moment was. I spend all day with Alice, and often, much of the day with Henry and still there is nothing that melts my heart more than seeing them with Mike. Sometimes, when we're all in the same room, which is often--Alice doesn't really do her own thing yet, and Henry would much rather be with us than without--I look around and think, "how did I get this beautiful family?"

Today was a lovely, low-key day with our little foursome. Delicious eggs and bagels for breakfast, new glasses for Henry (a weaker prescription--yes!!), a stop in to our favorite local shop, Miss Ruth's Time Bomb where we filled up on cupcakes and I enjoyed a mimosa with my girl Sarah and a lazy afternoon at home. We're calling it a day soon with some plain and simple comfort food: sloppy joes, sweet potato fries and corn. Saturday, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment