Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11: I lurve you, you know, I loave you...




Annie Hall...what a classic. February is such a good movie month. Not only do you have so many fun, romantic, quirky films about love (especially the ones by Woody Allen...can't get enough of those), but it's awards season, which means dozens of past Oscar winners for your viewing pleasure.

Shifting gears--in the spirit of yesterday's post, here are a few shots of my mantle, ready for V-Day. I don't typically decorate the house for this holiday, because I usually forget all about it, but this year, since I'm home, it seems like I'm bombarded with reminders. If I weren't on maternity leave, I'd be working late into the night and every weekend getting applications read, re-read, checked, checked again, cut, bumped up, merit-aid awarded, committee-d...etc. etc. etc. This year would have been especially taxing given that Dson is up significantly in app numbers. I'm really proud of this, since I know that building the applicant pool doesn't start in app season, but, rather, with counselor outreach efforts, on-campus programs, interviews, info sessions, high school visits beginning when these kids are in their junior year (a long process). Still, I feel like I can't take ownership for this impressive pool since I'm not the one making the final decisions. I'll get over it, and I'll stop worrying about work so much. Right now there is really nothing better than being at home with my little baby. March, April and May will be busy enough with a 3/4/5 month old, a 3-year-old, a husband who works 50 minutes from home and is in class 2 nights a week and my own responsibilities at work (which will still require night and weekend work).

I can hear Henry and Mike making breakfast in the kitchen while Alice "talks" away in her little bouncy seat. Weekend mornings are my favorite, and I'm going to go enjoy this one with all of my funny valentines.

2 comments:

  1. I love the frame and photos!!! I am really enjoying your blog! :) I lurve you!! hahah! I have no idea what movie that is from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm having great mantle envy towards you right now...i'm trying to make my window sills a makeshift mantle...not quite the same effect. it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete