Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7: My original muse

As I look through our iPhoto at the seriously daunting number of pictures that we've accumulated over the years, I can't help but to notice a very clear (and understandable) shift in subjects that occurs right around March, 2008. Before Henry and Alice, there was always Elsie. Our first real shared responsibility, Mike and I adopted her from the Rutland VT Humane Society on January 21, 2006. This date marked our one year as a couple and we did things in style, by picking up a pooch. We knew it would be a lot of work, but were blissfully ignorant of the true impact that caring for another creature would have on our lives. Elsie is a really good dog, honestly, I go so far as to say "the most well behaved dog ever", and I don't tend to speak in superlatives (ha! so false, I know, but it sounded good). However, when we got our second dog, Laika, Mike was quick to remind me of the maaaaany shoes, rugs, clothes, pieces of furniture, home decor accessories, pillows, comforters etc. that Elsie chewed through. I guess having a dog is a lot like having a baby--involves patience, love and a very selective memory!

Here's to my original muse, Elsie Mae, and many more years of life with the prettiest and most well behaved dog ever.







1 comment:

  1. i'm happy you devoted a post to elsie. sometimes i forget you have her and i feel bad about it. she is a good dog

    ReplyDelete