Monday, March 21, 2011

March 20: Fashion Icon

(the "King Midas" of my shoe collection--broke them in on the "runway")

Being a mom offers you a front row seat to the many "firsts" in your child's life.  First smile, first bite of solid food, first steps, first words, first temper tantrum...and, in this home, first fashion show.  Little Kitty Baby made her big debut this weekend with mom (reprising my role as the very sassy "Moxie Kitten" for the wonderful Miss Ruth's Time Bomb) and I'm pretty sure she loved it.   The crowd (all women, attending "Ladies Night" at Rillo's) just adored her, and how could they not?  She was beyond perfect in her pink gingham dress, being carried into a sea of "oohs" and "aahs"  what I will, from this point forward, refer to as "kitty calling". 

I've got to snag some good photos of the night from a friend, then I'll post again, hopefully with one of the two of us in our stylish pink and white ensembles.  I can almost guarantee that this is the last time she'll be ok with dressing matchy-match with mama.  Luckily she didn't fight me for my shoes, although I wouldn't blame her if she did, I am in awe of these new gold glittery beauties.  I have no doubt that I'll find MANY occasions on which to wear these heels.  I need next to no reason to dress up.  Grocery shopping in stilettos?  Don't mind if I do...

1 comment:

  1. Beyond sassy...Love these and can see you totally wearing these to the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete