Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February 22: No day like a snow day

Mr. B is home today thanks to more than a few inches of snow on the ground.  When I was a kid I thought there was nothing better than a real, old-fashioned snow day.  Not the wimpy 1-hour or 2-hour delay, no, no, no, I was only ever interested in the Full Monty, the no school snow day.

This is why I was shocked and, almost appalled, when Mike complained about school closings.  He loves the 2-hour delay, hates the "8-hour delay" as he put it.  With the patience and reasoning skills of 4th grader, I rolled my eyes, twirled my hair, smacked my gum and said "Ugh! Why do you hate school closings so much?!  Two-hour delays are stupid!  Most people have to WORK...you should be happy...so ungrateful."  Mike shot me a quizzical look, unsure as to whether this was a joke or not, and blankly said, "Mol, if school is closed, I have to make the day up, if it's just a delay or early closing, it counts in full.  Didn't you know that??"  I felt a little embarrassed, because, well, he's right.  I'd much rather been in school/work during the awful month of February (truly...is it not the WORST month ever?  Winter wasteland, ew) and off school/work enjoying the darling buds of May/June.

Today Mike will be channeling his handy side as he takes the first step in the finishing of the basement.  I will be doing my usual mommy stuff with Alice and then, when she goes down for a nap, I will pick a work-out video from comcast on-demand, complete half of it and watch the other half from the couch  while eating a brownie.  This is a completely true statement (except for the part where I do half of the workout...that's being generous).

Happy snow day!

2 comments:

  1. OMG...I love EVERY word of this post!! First off, Alice looks like such a dear and I can't wait to see you both tomorrow! And the work-out video...I try everyday to either cut the rug with Gilad or do some yoga, and like you I get through some of it. I try not to go towards the couch, but it is hard! HAHAHAHA!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Talu! So good to know I'm not the only one who gives up on her workouts so quickly. If only they'd set these things to Wilson Phillips tunes...THEN I might be interested. "I know that there is pain but ya hold on for one more ten count..." ;)

    ReplyDelete