Monday, February 14, 2011

Ode to Cornbread

Check out my skillet full of cornbread. The cast iron skillet is easily our favorite and most frequently used piece of cookware. I've never attempted skillet cornbread but am quickly convinced that this is the ONLY way to make it. Oh heavenly cornbread, will you be my Valentine?


What pairs better with cornbread than chili? Nothing! The house smells so amazing I just couldn't wait to dish this out and eat it. Mike and Hen aren't even home yet. It looks like Kitty and I will enjoy an early, delicious, hot and spicy dinner. Here's to comfort food!

3 comments:

  1. ohh looks like a pan of gold...perfect meal of a prospector!! yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one piece of kitchen equipment we don't have is a cast iron skillet. Must get one immediately and make this cornbread! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete