Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February 16: The Legend of Baby Man-Hands (featuring, his sister, Princess Frowny-face)

I've been thinking a lot lately about how quickly Henry went from baby to preschooler and am wondering what little kitten will look like/sound like/act like when she is an older girl.  Right now, it's so difficult to imagine her being anything but this cuddly little cooing baby doll.  I wondered the same thing about her older brother, but with more impatience.  I was so anxious to see how he'd grow, so excited to experience each new phase, that I don't think I really basked in the joy of the presence.  I find that I appreciate the baby phase so much more with the second one.

Mike and I were talking about how quickly they grow (Alice weighed in at 15 lbs 1oz yesterday...doubled birth weight), as we looked back at pictures of Hen when he was around her age.  This is one of my favorites---
Ohh, the chubbiness can not be contained!  Behold, "baby man-hands"! This is a photo from my sister Megan's wedding day.  We bought that seersucker suit (size 3-6 months) before he was even born.  I had no idea that he'd just barely squeeze into it at 10 1/2 weeks.

I am sure we'll look back at these photos of Alice and comment on how her chubby cheeks weighed her face down so much that she always looked like she was frowning, or how her hair naturally spiked into a faux-hawk.  I imagine we'll comment on how she just looks like an older version of her baby self.  For now though, I think I'll stop imagining what "preschool Alice" will look like and just soak in the wonder of faux-hawked frowny-faced baby Alice.

No comments:

Post a Comment