Monday, May 2, 2011

April 29-May 2: Weekend recap, Morning dialogue & more...maybe more...no, probably not more, just the first two things.

What a weekend.  We went full-tilt bridal, starting with the nuptials of Will & Kate (yes, Hen and I did watch, no, we didn't do it ironically...)  Henry is on a princess kick these days, claiming that nearly everyone he knows is a princess, or should be a princess.  Princess Grandpa Mac is probably the most special kind of princess, who delivers the mail AND gets married in a pretty dress.

The bridal theme continued with little sister Mary's bridal shower on Saturday.  A lot of thought and work went into the day and it was absolutely perfect, from the weather to the food to the guest list.  Mary received a lot of VERY nice gifts from her friends and family.  Most of them are being hauled back to Brian's condo in VA, a few are hiding in my basement...hahaha!  There's always an evil bridesmaid in the bunch.  I've elected to be that maid.  Obvious perks--stealing gifts, undermining the bride, giving a sloppy drunken toast WHENEVER the maid deems appropriate (including mid-vow exchange).  Unfortunate drawbacks--crazy eyes in every photograph, unattractive maniacal laugh, shunning from family members.

Crazy train!  All aboard!

Hen and Kitty were fabulous during the busy pace of the bridal weekend.  I was worried Monday morning might have been fugly, but they were up, bright-eyed, cheery, ready to attack the day.  This morning, in our last 30 minutes at home before heading out, Henry initiated a conversation with me about a curious subject, but one close to his heart.  Poop.

Hen: Mommy, everyone poops.  They all do it.
Me: Yes, honey, I've heard that.  Tell me, who poops?
Hen: Dogs and cats and chickens and groundhogs and pee-wee (stuffed toy hamster) and Elmo and people and dinosaurs and Alice!  They are all things that poop!

I am especially amused by the fact that Alice has a category separate from people.  Maybe we need to explore that a bit further.

From later today.  Talking about things that he eats.

"I eat a lot of things.  I eat (listing on fingers) pepperonis and sandwiches and fruits and vegetables and bananas and frosting.  Lots of frosting.  I drink juice and water and chocolate milk and regular milk.  When I am bigger, I will only drink juice and eat frosting.  That is it.  Frosting only."

Can't argue with that.

Photos will follow, they're mostly taken by my phone and need to be moved to the computer, and some will be stolen from Brigie who took a majority of the pictures at the shower.  Just needed to get my patootie on here to update as it had been a few days!  Slackerbot 3000.

No comments:

Post a Comment