Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 5: Cousins!

I was going to post a photo that I took from the wedding yesterday (fun!!), but this one, taken by my sister Megan, is so much better (or as she would say, "so stinkin' cute").  It's Alice and Liam!  Baby cousins!  My parents watched the kids last night while we cut ate cake, drank wine and just had a really great time with friends.

Hen & Kitten had a party of their own, including, a jam session with Uncle Bri Bri and the gang and some floor time with cousin Liam.  I can't get over how cute this picture is.  I love that Alice has a cousin of the same age.  We didn't grow up near our extended family, but we all always had a cousin who was just months younger or older.  That was always one of my most favorite parts about visiting Pittsburgh or Hartford--getting to play with cousins.  For Megan and I, the cousins closest in age (by a few short months) are all boys, and we say that they were more like our brothers.  We'll be in Pittsburgh in a few weeks, and I'm getting really excited about the visit.  Not just because I want to see the whole family and have everyone to meet Alice, but also because I get to see my own cousins, something I appreciate even more now that I have kids.

Oh, and about that wedding last night.  Apparently White Zin has special powers?!  It was my first experience with the sweet "almost" wine, and I was mightily pleased.  I feel like a superhero.  The next time you're at my house don't be surprised by the box of Franzia in the fridge.  I've crossed over to the white zin side and there is no coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment