Saturday, March 12, 2011

March 11: "No TV, Pooey!"

Tough thing about being a baby--you have very little say over what your parents and siblings end up calling you.  Alice Catherine "Kitty" Boegel already has her fair share of unique monikers.  Little kitten, Pudgy bunny, Turkey and Carrot baby, Drooly Andrews, Droolia Roberts and...our favorite and most commonly used, "Pooey".  

I don't know why this nickname works so well, but we all (Henry especially) can't help but to call Alice, "Pooey baby".  It first surfaced when Henry and I realized that Alice LOVES the television.  You can turn her away from it as often as you like, but let me assure you, she will find a way to get it back in her sights.  She's TV obsessed.  I was teasing her about it, telling her that there was no way I was going to allow her to watch "Skins", I don't care what her friends' parents say, and Henry caught on, yelling the now famous (at least in our house) phrase, "No TV, Pooey!  You're too little!!"   We also love to dress her up in Hen's many hats..."Fireman Pooey", "Pooey the Builder", "Cowgirl Pooey", "Drum Major Pooey"...too many to count, and each one funnier than the next. 

1 comment:

  1. Strangely enough, Mary used to chase Brigid and I around with a teeny tiny naked baby doll that she called "Pooey." And for some reason, we were terrified of it.

    ReplyDelete