Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16: Everything is coming up chocolate


Oh my.  That is happiness.  Chocolate ice cream after 6:00pm, what is this kid's mom thinking?

Nothing much to say about this, except that I love finding reasons to buy and eat ice cream with Henry.  He was SO excited this afternoon when I said that we'd go out for a special mommy-treat after my Hope Station board meeting.  I was initially expecting to go to my meeting solo (that would make the most sense) but plans changed a bit this morning when Mike called to say that his May term grad class started today at 5:30pm.  Not in the original plan, but hey, we'll go with it.  

So this evening, after a quick dinner of chicken, pasta and peas, we got going.  Looked a little something like this (all in quick succession...one after the other): Pack kids up.  Drive to community center.  Try to block playground area from sight.  Meander down halls past kiddy yoga class and secretly wish that was the room you were heading to.  Arrive at meeting.  Feel bad about kiddy yoga thing (glad to be  here). Ask to give first committee report.  Try to speak in professional manner over very loud growling baby.  Address board questions while catching flying crayons being catapulted from seat next to you.  Finish report and politely excuse yourself. Pack kids up.  Avoid playground again.  Load into van and it's ice creeeeam tiiiime!  

We chose Friendly's for the booth seating (a specific request from Hen) and went to town on some chocolate and hunka chunka pb fudge.  Mmm.  Rewarding positive behavior with unhealthy food choices.  I don't know that I'd call my parenting style "smart" or "restrained", but I sure wouldn't hesitate to call it delicious!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see that you are starting your children at Friendly's at such a young age. This is crucial in their social development. I hope one day they are as loud as we were...oh the memories! hahaha!! And I must comment on that modular spaceship that HenBot is sitting in...What IS that thing?! hahahaah!! Can't wait to see you next weekend!!!!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Talu, I thought of you girls as I drove up to that glorious eatery. The service at our Friendly's is beyond bad, but I'll sit there and wait forever if it means I get my hunka chunka. So high school.

    Hen's "spaceship" is his big boy carseat. Strange, I know. Someday Miss PJ will experience the freedom of the booster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, is it bad to reward positive behavior with unhealthy food choices? Cause yesterday Tommy got to eat almost an entire bag of skittles. Before dinner. Ahem. In my defense, I didn't know that his daddy had already given him more when I then agreed to give him even more. Oops :) Ah well. He was happy! Today we'll eat some carrots and an apple....and maybe an oreo or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me laugh on 3 separate occassions! Thanks for having adorable bebes and being an awesome mom, i love you

    ReplyDelete