Saturday, April 9, 2011

April 9: Brother-Sister; Golf Star-Ballerina Princess

I have absolutely no idea why Alice's hair looks so dark in this photo...it's actually mostly reddish.  With that oddly-hued little tuft of hair she looks a lot more like her dad.  What I really like about this photo is something I didn't notice when I first took it--the very threatening raised fist.  "Mess with my brutha, and I will bring the pain." Watch out folks, that's nearly 18 lbs of business comin' at you.

In other news--we've all returned to normal, stomach bug crawled on out of here and we were happy to see him go, he was about as welcome as a stink bug.  We ran errands, bought groceries, played with Hen's toys and watched The Masters.  We're kind of tickled with Hen's growing interest in the game of golf.  He has indoor clubs and an outdoor club (a seven iron, made for ages 3-5, and his pick when shopping with Mike at Dunhams for a special "daddy birthday gift").  He understands the purpose of the game, and gets excited when a player has a good shot, and disappointed (but still excited) with the bad shots.  He can point out Tiger Woods, and is getting better at naming Rory McIlroy and Jason Day.  It's just one of those funny things he has taken a liking to.  As you can imagine, Mike couldn't be happier or more proud.  I'm pretty sure there is some mini-golf in their near future.  While all of this is going on, Kitten and I are upstairs looking at ourselves in the mirror and making up a song about her being a "Ballerina Princess".  Typical Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you all are feeling better!!! I always love watching the Masters too; we'll have the boys go for a golfing outing one day :)

    ReplyDelete