Friday, April 8, 2011

April 7: Quintessential April

As per the post before this one, this week has been pretty hectic.  Thursday (this day) felt like four days rolled into one.  I had the great pleasure of being in/around the city of Brotherly Love (sorry Talu!  I would have called but it was in and out in under 5 hours), and was so proud to see the happy faces of students who had been admitted, and, enrolled.  It's April in admissions, which means, "don't stop, get it, get it".  It's my favorite time of the admissions cycle but also one with some crazy work hours and time commitments, which means..."The Mike, Henry, Alice Show!" 

On this particular day, amidst the crazy of late meetings, long checklists and countless emails, Henry made me smile as big as the cheshire cat when, without help or prompting, he woke up and got himself dressed.  Picked out clothes (that matched?  What??), put them on correctly, came downstairs and asked if he could make himself breakfast.  I said sure, as long as you make mine too (kidding...sort of). 

What a little sweetheart.  He was in such a good "non-tudey" mood this morning that I was pretty surprised to receive the following text on my way back  from Philadelphia:
"Hen threw up 2X...Alice is crying now, I think she's very tired. Laika (dog) dug up the flower garden to uncover a baby rabbit."

Oh April, I love you and loathe you all at once.

1 comment:

  1. Next time Q!!! Poor Mike :) hhahahaha!! You are truly the super mom!

    ReplyDelete