Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 16: Rainy Day Activity: Creating my Summer List

 From me, to me.  Twenty things that I will make an effort to do this summer.  Mostly serious...

1. Plant beautiful things. Plant delicious things. Attempt to keep said things alive.
2. Make a kite and fly that kite
3. Use the ice cream maker often. Use it to make Lavender-Lemon Sorbet. Try not to eat it all yourself.
4. Move picnic table onto front porch for more family dinners outdoors
5. Yard Sale all of that tacky crap in the basement
6. Seek out more interactions with neighbors. Attempt to be less awkward around neighbors...I'm just sayin', they think you're a little strange
7. Read for pleasure
8. Sew a sundress for Alice in honor of the Magpie (Great Grandmother)
9. Make Project Share or Goodwill donations a monthly event (and get Henry to help)
10. Go on family walks
11. Picnics!!!
12. Martini Picnics!!!
13. Porch Parties!!!
14. Dance Parties!!!
15. Dance Club Martini Picnic Porch Parties!!!
16. Go on bike rides...once Mike fixes my bike...which he was supposed to fix two years ago...Mike!
17. Turn...er...can't say it...30.
18. Hit up the pool on weekday afternoons
19. Bug hunts with Henry
20. Finding joy in simple things

3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I have a few comments on certain list items:

    #1 - I hope you can keep your plants alive...I am the hand of death when it comes to greenery. Please don't ever ask me to tend to your plants (I know this is kind of dumb to say considering by the time the summer hits, I'll be 120 miles away *tear* but just making sure to put it out there)

    #3 - Please invite me over when this is made; I will help you eat all of it and maybe save a bite for the kiddos and hubbies

    #5 - Please invite me to this too; I love your style!

    #8 - I found a super cute dress pattern on a blog called made-by-rae. It's a little complicated to follow, but I'm going to try and make one for PJ and once I figure it out, I can show you, but I"ll email it to you anyway in case you want to get started.

    #17 - I'm still hurt by your 'Let me know how 30 is...' comment from 2 years ago. No, I will NOT let it go...EVER!

    #21 - I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list! #9 is definitely one that I've been trying to do, but more like quarterly for me. You can say 30, it really isn't bad at all!

    ReplyDelete