Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1: Helloooo Picksburg!!!

I really shouldn't be posting right now.  I've got a ridiculous list to accomplish before bed tonight and I've got a dangerous case of ADD brain.  Clothes to pack, toys to remember, lunch to prepare...all of it for our weekend trip to Pittsburgh ("Picksburg, where Shane with an Ssss lives, and I'm Henry with an H and we will plaaaaay!")  In addition to cousin Shane (just a year older than Hen and a celeb in our home), we'll see nearly the entire Williams clan, minus my cousins Fred, Matt and Hunter who went all "college" on us.  What you might not understand is that "the entire Williams clan" (my nan, my mom, her sibs and their families) amounts to just under 70 people.  Yes David, this is real life.

One of my tasks before the night ends (does it ever end, really?) is to prepare lunch and snacks for the ride.  I'm putting together curried chicken salad wraps for Mike and I and trusty ol' PB&J for Hen.  Here is a shot of the ingredients I've pulled out of the cupboard to prepare this meal:


Oh, I'm sorry dingus, did you not know that mini marshmallows and space shuttle were necessary ingredients in curried chicken salad?  I know what you're wondering, and yes, it is difficult to be this refined.

P.S. What is my husband doing right now?  He's being super helpful and not at all annoying, snoring LOUDLY from the family room, while Ghostbusters plays through (almost as loudly) on the tele.  I keep going in there and yelling politely suggesting that he take those precious Zzz's upstairs.  He oddly refuses. Oh really?  Seems like an appropriate time to use all of the loudest kitchen appliances we own.  Sleep while I'm cleaning?  H to the No, M.Boegs.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip!! Can't wait to see you (hopefully) at Easter!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete