Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 30: A Lasting Vow

 The other night, my sister Mary and I were locked in a brainwave, both of us spending copious amounts of time surfing the internet for good wedding songs.  Her reason? She's getting married this July.  My reason? I am a strange weirdo who spends too much time on the internet.  Obviously Mary had good cause to be googling, groove-sharking, youtube-watching and itunes-shopping.  She and Brian are very musically inclined and their playlist, like their wedding, will no doubt be thoughtful, personal and fun.  I, however, have no excuse, other than to say that I just really love weddings, and am probably too excited for Mare & Brian's big day.  I mean, look at these faces, how could you NOT want to celebrate their wedded bliss? 

This is insaaaane!  This looks like the photo that comes with the frame, or the clipart image that is a result of the search "Perfect Couple".  Attractive! Successful! Wearing all black! Holding a camera! Rockstars at life!
  Megan and I were looking at this photo a couple of months ago while going through a stack I had printed of the family.  She agreed with me on all points of couple perfection...and then, turning to the next photo, shrieked with laughter, discovering something that looked a lot like this:
Creepy mustache!  Neon cat-eyes!  Walt Disney shirt from Goodwill!  Probably didn't wake up until 1pm!  Yes indeedy alright, hitched mah wagon to that star and I am NOT sorry about it.    Megan couldn't help but to laugh at the comparison, "Molly, HOW are we all from the same family?!"

When I think about Mary and Brian I am overwhelmed with joy.  I truly have faith in their love for one another.  Brian has been a part of our family since he was a rising junior in high school.  In my eyes, he has been my little brother for years now.  The reality of this becoming "official" honestly makes me cry every time I think of it, which is why I totally lost it when, in my crazy-lady search for wedding songs, I stumbled upon this video.

Aaaaahhh!!  Tears!  Tears!  Sniffles!  More tears!  Blotchy-face McGinty!

This song, this video, this couple, this wedding.  It's a beautiful demonstration of a genuine and lasting love for another person, an emotional acknowledgment of the commitment you make to that one life partner. 

Which, of course, always brings me, personally, back to this:

our commitment, our partnership, and in the spirit of this post, our song

I can't wait for July 2nd, when I will witness Mary & Brian's vows to one another, and be silently reminded of my own.

1 comment:

  1. As always, so beautifully written my friend! I am so happy for Mary! I remember her as a 6th grader obsessed with JC from N'Sync, and now she's getting married!! *tear* Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete