Friday, March 18, 2011

March 18: Darling buds of...March?

High of 71 degrees today and the world was bright and joyous.  The trees outside of the admissions office were showing their sweet little yellow buds (below) and I don't remember a time when the grass has been so green or the air so fresh.
Henry's class went on a "sock walk" at one of the local parks, running around the grass and mud in their stocking feet and then examining all of the seeds that they collected on the bottoms of their socks.  The socks will be "planted" and we'll see what grows up out of the ground.

My coworkers and I walked downtown into a "sea" of people (that's by Carlisle standards...in any other location it would be more like a puddle) and enjoyed a delicious lunch at Helena's Chocolate Cafe & Creperie.  I showed great restraint, ordering a savory crepe, as opposed to a handful of chocolates and french macaroons (truth: there was one macaroon...a raspberry one...to die for).  We sent admissions decisions out today, exciting for some, less so for others, and one of my dear friends received some much anticipated and, thankfully, very GOOD news about his health today.  I was over the moon by 10am and am still feeling so grateful for this day and for our family and friends.

(my crepe)
(my raspberry macaroon)
Tomorrow--playdate with cousin Liam!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the sock idea...how cool! Hopefully something neat grows :) Miss and love you so very much!

    ReplyDelete