Thursday, September 1, 2011

Heaven is a noisy vacuum cleaner

I am confused by my relationship with the vacuum cleaner.

I hate having to use it, because I know that there is a definite time commitment that I'm making once I turn it on.  I can't just vacuum " a rug", I have to do the entire room, furniture included.  Having two shedding dogs creates a need for a wall to wall, floor to ceiling approach to hoovering.  If we didn't vac, we'd be up to our ears in hair within a week.  Seriously, it's awful...and gross.  It's awfully gross.

Once I'm done vacuuming, I instantly feel better, lighter, more carefree.  Minimal dog hair=maximum positive vibes from mom. Long term gains.

Today, however, I became aware of yet another gain in "pro" list of the house cleaning pro/con debate. 

Everyone leaves you alone.

No one bothers you when you vacuum. In our house, both dogs and Hen seem to be afraid of the thing, Alice is still too young to be affected at all but she's not inclined to army crawl her way towards the noise and Mike knows to stay out of my way. Usually when I'm vacuuming it means that I'm totally stressed out and fed up with the dog hair tumbleweed rolling across our wood floors and gathering in the corners of our rugs. Mike is no dummy.  He steers clear as soon as he hears the whoosh and whir of the vac.

I've just finished the living room and am feeling calm, cool, hair-free.  Thank you vacuum cleaner. You are my ally, my counselor, my superhero grime-fightin' machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment