Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lavar Burton would be proud...

This past weekend I enjoyed a lovely night at Piatto, drinking fancy Prosecco drinks with my super-hip book club, CARDS (Carlisle Area Reading and Drinking Society).  All of those are things that I love--Carlisle, Reading, Drinking, Societies...Areas...winning. Seriously though, what a perfect way to spend a warm summer evening AND to feel pretty smarty pants (yeah, that's right waiter, I read books...big books...books with words).

This past month, we read "Room" (whoa, wack-titude), coming up, "Jitterbug Perfume". I've read Tom Robbins before and am excited to dive on in. I do wonder if this book will have fewer scrota and graphic sex scenes than the Robbins books I've read before...will keep you updated.

What I didn't realize was that Hen is also a CARDS member. Hmm. Funny he hasn't made any of our meetings. He's getting started on the July book (now I'm really hoping that this is a tame Robbins) and has found his own little "reading spot"

Dang, that kid is good! Wait, is he past the first chapter already?? What the French, Canada?! Way to show me up in the area of "reading". Sorry that I'm busy working, and watching "The Voice". Guess you'll have to give me the skinny on "Jitterbug" an hour before the CARDS meeting. That's what kids are for, right?

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Thanks for posting your Blog Post on Facebook! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete